Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation (UBI) was first used in 1928, since then there have been more than 60 scientific and clinical papers written and published on the efficacy of UBI in various medical journals. The ultra violet irradiation machine has undergone many changes since its inception. The original machine used a flat cuvette that was re-usable after sterilization, the length of the quartz cuvette was approximately 5 inches. Today's machine has been modified to include a 10 inch cuvette with a turbolator that spins the blood allowing more exposure because of the movement and length of the tube.
The addition of ozone, O3, is another upgrade to Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation process and has resulted in numerous benefits.
Ozone can strengthen your immune system, kill bacteria and viruses, increase the oxygen levels in your blood cells, and help to detoxify and reduce inflammation. As can be seen, this is an excellent complement to the UBI protocol.
The UV treatment of the blood destroys or alters bacteria and viruses as the extracted blood is sent through the UBI machine. This process creates an effect in the returning blood much like a vaccine, these treated blood cells spread throughout the body to provoke the immune system to destroy bacteria and viruses. UBI stimulates the activity of the white blood cells through bio photons, motivating the increased production of the most important antioxidants in your body, GSH and S.O.D.
During the UBI process, or Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation, we use the blood as the physical medium to produce the systemic effects in a series of an extremely complex photo-chemical chain reaction. This complex series of biochemical changes takes place by primary and secondary photochemical reactions as the blood is exposed to the waves lengths in the light spectrum of A and C. The positive effects of this treatment are not seen in any other form such as x-rays or infrared.
Biochemical Effects of UBI:
- Rapid detoxification of bacterial, fungal, and parasitic toxins, both chronic and acute, followed by the reduction of symptoms.
- Lowers the ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), markers in the body for inflammation. The effects of UBI has a noticeable anti-inflammatory affect with diseases where severe damage from inflammation exist.
- A regulatory effect on the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS). An increase of arterial flow, a decrease in blood plasma, and decreased signs of hyper and hypotension.
- Increase of venous oxygen - 58% within 10 minutes, 10% within 30 minutes, and a continued increase of 50% from 60 minutes to 30 days.
- The UBI process increases and delivers O2 through the capillaries, to the heart and then down to the venous blood system. This reaction decrease O2 and increases the output of CO2.
- A normalizing or regulating effect to the patient's general condition following the photochemical reactions of the UBI leads to an overall increase in the resistance to bacterial and viral infections.